West Plains Civic Center | May 18 – June 29
Monday, Wednesday, Friday | 7:00-9:00 pm
This is ONLY for swimmers who have paid for the Winter Session (January through May). Unfortunately, we are unable to take any new swimmers AT THIS TIME due to facility number restrictions. Coaches are looking at the possibility of Summer League in July, based on pool availability and federal, state, and local COVID-19 restrictions.
Interim Practice Schedule (subject to change):
Group 1 (swimmers usually in lanes 1,2,3): 7:00-7:45pm Swim Practice
Group 2 (swimmers usually in lanes 4,5,6): 7:00 -7:45pm Outside Dryland (weather permitting; back cement patio or parking lot). Bring a yoga mat or towel, running shoes, shorts, and shirt over swimsuit.
Groups 1&2: 7:45-8:00 pm Transition time (maintain 6-ft distance).
Group 2: 8:00-9:00pm Swim Practice.
Practice Guidelines to ensure the safety of our swimmers:
1. All swimmers must have a signed COVID-19 Liability Waiver. Please print and bring to practice. We understand that not all families feel comfortable returning to swim practice. While your participation is welcome, we understand and support any decisions to postpone your return to the water. It is ultimately up to parents to determine if they want their child to resume practice.
2. Civic Center workers will take temperatures. Temps of over 100o will not be allowed entry to the facility. Please continue to be respectful. If you feel sick, have a fever, and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. Continue good hand hygiene.
3. No parents on deck (unless the swimmer has a medical condition) to help us adhere to the Civic Center occupancy guidelines. Coaches will try to increase communication on how your child is doing in practice.
4. Swimmers will keep swim and gear bags in the car (unless needing inhalers, etc). Swimmers may bring a kick board, fins, paddles, cap and goggles on the pool deck. No sharing equipment. Water bottles and equipment must be clearly labeled. Fill water bottles at home.
5. Swimmers will come dressed for practice. No locker room changing or showers before/after practice. We prefer swimmers to dry off outside curbside if weather permits. Swimmers will enter and exit the facility using social distancing.
6. No more than 2 people in bathrooms at a time per Civic Center rules.
7. Lane set-up will be different for social distancing. Some swimmers will do walk backs and stand on deck spread apart. Lap swimming lanes may be widened with swimmer stop/start points distanced from others. Parents, please advise your swimmers that practice will have new rules that we have to follow. If swimmers do not follow the rules, they will sit out.
8. We will need to wipe down any chairs we use as well as handles after use. The Civic Center has provided wipe stations, hand sanitizer, and have installed foot door openers in bathrooms to reduce surface contamination.
Coach Kristi Sheridan says, “Things are going to look a bit different for a while. Please be patient during this transition. We are fortunate to get water time even if kids don’t practice for a full two hours.”
Thank you for your patience and support of Waves!