WAVES SWIM CLUB FALL SEASON: August 1st through Dec 15th, 2020
Registration Dates (payment is due with registration):
Saturday August 1st, 10:00am-12:00pm
Tuesday August 4th, 2020 6:00pm-8:30pm
Practice Times and Fees:
Tidal Waves 1: 6:00-6:45 pm Tuesday and Thursday. Rate: $200.00. Focus will be strictly on technique and acquiring 4 legal strokes. Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursdays only at this time. If we have room on Saturdays or if our capacity guidelines change we will make this available.
Tidal Wave 2: 6:00- 7:00 pm Tuesday and Thursday. Rate: $200.00. Focus will be on technique, acquiring strong head/body alignment and breathing to prevent injuries and learning new drills needed to move into Age Group 1. Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursdays only at this time. If we have room on Saturdays or if our capacity guidelines change we will make this available.
Age Group 1: 6:00- 7:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm. Rate: $200.00. Focus will be on technique as well as aerobic development. Training sets are introduced with time intervals. Swimmers learn to use the pace clock, learn lane etiquette and complete basic sets.
Age Group 2: 7:00 pm- 8:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm. Rate: $225.00. Continued focus on technique, drills, turns and finishes. Swimmers complete various types of sets and conditioning to increase performance. Time intervals used throughout practice.
Varsity: 6:45 pm- 8:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday 10:00am-12:00 pm. Rate: $225.00 Continued focus on technique, drills, turns and finishes. Swimmers complete various types of sets to increase performance. Faster time intervals used throughout practice with increased yardage without stopping. One lane only is available in the fall.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
1. All swimmers must have a signed COVID-19 liability waiver which is in the registration packet. Please print the registration packet and bring to practice with payment. We understand that not all families feel comfortable returning to swim practice. While your participation is welcome, we understand and support any decisions to postpone your return to the water. It is ultimately up to parents to determine if they want their child to resume practice.
2. Civic Center workers will take temperatures. Temps of over 100 will not be allowed entry to the facility. Please continue to be respectful. If you feel sick, have a fever, and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 please stay home. Continue good hand hygiene.
3. No parents on deck (unless the swimmer has a medical condition) to help us adhere to the Civic Center occupancy guidelines. We are allowed 10 people on deck including coaches and guards. Coaches will try to increase communication on how your child is doing in practice. Please feel free to contact me or your swimmer’s coach about progress or concerns.
4. Swimmers can now bring bags into the civic center when the weather starts to change. They will need to wipe down the chairs after use. Swimmers may bring a kick board, fins, paddles, cap and goggles on the pool deck. No sharing equipment. Water bottles and equipment must be clearly labeled. Fill water bottles at home.5. Swimmers will come dressed for practice. No locker room changing or showers before/after practice. Deck coats will work great as the temperature changes. Swimmers will enter and exit the facility using social distancing and/or can wear a mask if they choose.6. No more than 4 people in bathrooms at a time per Civic Center rules.
7. Lane set-up will be different for social distancing. Some swimmers will do walk backs and stand on deck spread apart. Number of athletes in a lane will be reduced and/or lanes widened. Lap swimming lanes will have different stop/start points to keep swimmers distanced. Please advise your kids that practice will have new rules that we have to follow. If swimmers do not follow the rules, they will sit out.
8. We will need to wipe down any chairs we use as well as handles after use. The Civic Center has provided wipe stations, hand sanitizer, and have installed foot door openers in bathrooms to reduce surface contamination.
9. Currently, USA meets are not available. When restarting USA competitions we will be limited to meets within our LSC. Apparently we can receive permission to compete in other adjacent LSCs from Ozark Swimming (i.e. Arkansas and Missouri Valley). Non-sanctioned meets at area pools may be considered as local health guidance allows.
These rules/regulations are changing as guidelines change. Join our West Plains Waves Facebook group for the most up to date information.